Fudge Marble Swirl Cake
adapted from robinhood.ca
2 ¾ cups Pastry Flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
1 ¼ cups Plain Yogurt
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa, sifted
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tbsp. Evaporated Skim Milk, hot (90ºF/33ºC)
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 10” (4 L) tube pan.
2. Cake: In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and rind. Reserve.
3. In a separate bowl, beat sweetener and eggs, about 2 minutes. Mix in vanilla and oil until blended. Add half the reserved flour mixture, beating until just combined. Add yogurt and remaining reserved flour mixture.
4. Remove 2 cups of the batter into a medium bowl to make chocolate batter. Stir in cocoa until completely combined. Add chocolate chips to vanilla batter.
5. Spread half the vanilla batter into prepared pan. Spoon chocolate batter over top. Top with remaining vanilla batter. Swirl batter with a small knife.
6. Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Remove to rack to cool completely.
7. Glaze: Heat evaporated milk and pour over chocolate chips. Let sit 5 minutes, then stir until mixture is combined. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Yields: 16 servings